Timaru District Xplorer
Important note: Our Xplorer platform has recently been upgraded. If you are experiencing issues accessing Xplorer, please clear your web browser cache. Instructions for doing so can be found here.
Click on an area to zoom to that location, or click here to launch Xplorer.
Timaru District Xplorer is a simple but functional application which places a special emphasis on the provision of public access to council information for the benefit of the public and especially council ratepayers.
The data that supports Xplorer consists of geographic and related information including aerial photography. Xplorer provides the ability to view data such as Property or Land Information, Reticulation Services, and the District Plan.
How to Navigate the Map
- To Pan, use the ‘Pan’ button on the ‘Getting Around’ tab or hold your left mouse button down and push the map (the latter only works if no other tool is active at the time).
- To Zoom In/Out, use the ‘Zoom In’ or ‘Zoom Out’ buttons on the ‘Getting Around’ tab. You can also scroll your mouse wheel in and out or click the zoom tool in the top left corner.
- See image below for tips on how to access additional features.
How to Find a Property
- Launch Xplorer
- Enter a house number and street name or a valuation reference number in the ‘Search for map features…’ box in the top right corner.
- Press in the search box or press enter to start the search.
- A list of possible matching items is returned on the left of the page. Scroll through this list and click on the record that satisfies your query to zoom to the property.
How can I find rates and property information online?
- Use Xplorer to find rates and property information by searching for a property as in the instructions above.
- Double click on the record that satisfies your query in the list on the left of the page. Additional details for your selected property will appear.
Where are the underground services in my street?
- Use Xplorer to find your property as in the instructions above.
- Click on the ‘I want to…’ button and click on the ’Show layer list’ button.
- If the legend appears at the left of the screen and not the layers check boxes, click on ‘Show Layers’ at the bottom left of the screen.
- Tick the check box beside ‘Services’ to turn on all of the underground services.
How can I find a zone within the District Plan?
- Within Xplorer, zoom to an area of interest.
- Turn on the District Plan layers in the same manner as the services are turned on in the instructions above.
- Click on the ‘I want to…’ button and click on the ‘Identify a feature’ button.
- Click on the zone you wish to identify. The zone type for the area will be displayed in the Results area.
Can I use this information to produce my own LIM?
The Timaru District Council accepts no responsibility for incomplete or inaccurate information contained within Xplorer.
If you are contemplating purchasing a property or redevelopment of an existing property you should contact the Timaru District Council for a LIM (Land Information Memorandum) or talk to the Building Advisory Group respectively before commencing any work.