Council's Environmental Health Unit is responsible for monitoring and enforcing specific statutory standards relating to public and environmental health.
To achieve these responsibilities staff from the unit:
- Register and inspect food premises, camping grounds, hairdressing salons, funeral homes, offensive trades, food stalls and farmer's markets.
- Investigate infectious diseases notified by the Medical Officer of Health e.g. Salmonellosis, Cryptosporidiosis, Giardiasis, Yersiniosis.
- Investigate claims of food poisoning/food-borne illness.
- Investigate health hazards and/or nuisances.
- Monitor and inspect premises licensed pursuant to the Sale of Liquor Act 1989.
- Monitor and enforce relevant statutory/regulatory/bylaw requirements.
- Review building consents and resource consent applications for compliance with environmental health standards.
- Provide information and advice regarding environmental health matters.
Our Environmental Health Unit also provides services to the Mackenzie and Waimate District Councils relating to food and liquor only.
Application forms for Mackenzie District registration are available on this site.
- Contact Us
- Bylaws - Footpath Use, Signs, Keeping of Animals/ Poultry
- Food (Businesses)
- Food (General Public)
- Food Festivals
- Gambling Venues (Class A)
- Hazardous Substances
- Health - Registration of Premises
- Infectious Diseases
- Liquor Licensing
- Noise Control
- Swimming Pools - Spa Pools